YEAR TO DATE ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Chances for Children has invested over $900,000.00 to build the community of Lamardelle, Haiti. Our investment created a fresh drinking water program, brought electricity to the village, operated an adoption crèche, and helped fund the construction of a village school
- C4C is currently in the development stages of our 2nd Community Project – this one located in Kenscoff, Haiti. We have completed church reconstruction, and new construction of Children’s House for 65 orphaned children. Community Center and Adoption Crèche will begin construction in April 2012.
- Sent 6 containers of donated supplies to help furnish the school, provide food and medicine, and medical equipment for a clinic.
- To date we have completed over 100 adoptions and helped to create many beautiful families.
- Held our first Family Reunion with 20 adoptive families and hosted 5 Haitian government officials.
- Chartered a plane to evacuate 22 children to their adoptive families after the 2010 earthquake.
- Approved by IBESR to operate a Chances for Children owned crèche.
- In process of Haitian NGO status (to be completed by 12/2011)
- Provided School Sponsorship to 350 students displaced in the earthquake.
- Restarted our adoption program after the 2010 earthquake by opening a new crèche.
- Delivered over 46,000 pounds of Relief Supplies to Haitian families impacted by the earthquake valued at $90,000.00.
- Provided 2 Haitian High School Students with partial college tuition to University of Kentucky.
- Employ 40 Haitian nationals.
- Providing Support to over 350 children in orphanages in Haiti.
- Have brought over 15 Mission Teams to Haiti in 2011 and the C4C U.S. based staff travels to Haiti each month.