The fee to adopt form Haiti through Chances for Children is $15,000.00 per adoption.
While this fee does not cover the cost of supporting a child under our care, we have elected to allocate a portion of our donations to subsidize the monthly operational costs of running the crèche.
Half of the adoption fee is paid when your dossier is submitted to Haiti and you are referred a child. The second half is paid when your file exits IBESR. 100% of the adoption fee is sent to pay for the following costs:
- all legal fees and legal paperwork and documentation
- all routine medical care provided to the children during their stay in the Crèche
- travel costs of bringing birth parents into court hearings, INS appointments, etc
- psychological evaluations and vaccinations for children
- a small portion of the day to day care of the child
The only additional costs you can expect will be for visa fees, DNA testing, birth-parent related expenses for travel for adoption related meetings, and non-routine medical expenses.
Your agency can provide you with a detailed account of the other fees involved in an international adoption which typically consists of dossier fees, home study fees, any certification that must be done of those documents, and post adoption reporting fees.